Thursday, May 31, 2012

Underwear is Everywhere...

...or How to Dry Laundry in Hungry.



...and other activities you learn to do shamelessly while traveling for too dang long, including but not limited to:

1) Hanging your underwear on your balcony in the middle of a music school (also similar to hanging jeans outside a 7th floor hotel window in a public square)

2) Taking hand sanitizer baths because you are way to bored/irritated/tired/unenamored with the idea of taking ANOTHER shower (ok, maybe I am the only one who did this. and I don't recommend it because my skin sort of feels like a cornflake)

3) Not drinking, but eating 3-in-1 instant coffee packets from Trader Joe's. Lectures are long, days are long, and water isn't always a possibility. This is clearly just a matter of survival adaptation.

4) Cooking on a clothes iron in a hotel because I really need a home cooked meal. I have yet to actually do this one, but you will most certainly have pictures/recipes when I do. Mostly, I am just waiting to be in a place with both an iron and a roll of aluminum foil. Then we will go to town--grilled cheese, fried eggs, fish fry, steamed vegetables, you name it!

Tonight we are staying in a hostel in the forest. Twenty two American kids go to Europe and stay in a forest hostel...I think we have heard this story before. It never ends well. But luckily I am a mountain woman, so even if it does, I will carry the team on my back. Anyway, if I have all those kids on my back, Wifi might not fit as well, so don't be surprised if there are a couple days between now and the next update.

Also, just as quick interjectory observation, right now it is raining and yesterday it was cloudy all day. It is insanely beautiful, so maybe I am getting over my rain apathy. You never know though, if this goes on for much longer and I don't get to see the sun, I might go into a rage. The hostel horror movie will actually  be starring me as the deranged lunatic who really just needs a vitamin D fix.

In the past 48 hours, I have visited this place 4 times. Don't ask me where it is because I really have no idea. But that is sort of the point.



 The panoramic ap on my phone might be one of my favorite things. It helps take pictures like this after hiking in Tihany National Park.

The view from this inner lake of the Tihany National Park was beautiful, but I was sort of transfixed by all of the baby gophers in this field. Do you have to declare gophers at customs?



Paul loves nature.


 Remember my love of eating nature? Well, imagine my sheer euphoria when the nature is actually supposed to be edible. All of the cherries in this picture are gone now because I ate them.


For the honor and glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment