Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Brief Visit to Prince William and Harry


Saturday, May 26th

Now that we have made it into the lovely Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 (this took one 9 hour plane ride, one subway shuttle thing, and one bus ride, driven completely on the wrong...I mean British side of the road). Twenty-four hours into this tri-country excursion, I have just a few observations and thoughts to share.
Observation: In London, there are not rolls of toilet paper, there are squares. Imagine a roll of American toilet paper, ripped up, and placed into a stack. I am thinking about instituting this method upon my return home so my little sisters will use less toilet paper. 
Observation: I am an ADD movie watcher. I cannot handle just watching a movie without some sort of distraction, preferably a crossword puzzle. This isn’t a new phenomenon for me, it just became greatly amplified on the plane ride over here when I proceeded to watch the first 25-37 minutes of about six different movies and two tv shows. 
Thought: I am very proud that I have yet to set down my passport, boarding pass, phone, wallet, bags, stuffed lamb etc and lost them. This may not sound that impressive, but trust me, it is quite a feat. 
Thought: This was the cutest collection of vitals provided by British Airways at 2:15 am Arizona time. I appreciated both the probiotic shake, the strange protein raisin biscuit, and the mint. They clearly know that the key to this girl’s heart is happy guts, strong muscles, and fresh breath.
        Upon further observation: (actually, upon peeing about 10 more times in the Heathrow bathrooms...) My earlier observation about toilet paper may have been true only to Terminal 5 in the airport. Terminal 3 apparently did not care about saving toilet paper, so they just had the big rolls. Just so you know. 

We’ll see when I actually find some free wifi so I can post this, but if you are keeping track of days, as I am writing, it is 3:54 pm, London time on Saturday, 5/26.
Oh, and by the way, happy birthday, Mama. Sorry I am missing it! I hope your day is the best!

For the honor and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment