Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Maybe I enjoy packing too much


So, we are less than 48 hours out and I am surprisingly ready to go. Or at least prepared. Visas are here, passports are in hand, bags are packed. The Africa Pile of crap in my bedroom has evolved into the Hungromafrica Pile of luggage in the living room. The only problem with this is that I keep wandering around the house adding random things to the pile. Here are some of today’s additives as the pile progressed:


Stuffed dog (a goodbye present from my kids and coworkers at Dobson)



Harmonica (because I can't bring a guitar)      
 Stuffed monkey (partially inspired by Kingsolver's Poisonwood Bible, which is also coming with me. And because, one should never leave the house without a monkey sock monkey)
 Stuffed lamb (Second day in a row that awesome things have shown up on my front porch. Thanks Mrs. Sauerman!)
French Dr. Seuss!! (to read to kids at the orphanage. Or just to myself. Whatever)


Rosary. (Sort of a no brainer. I'm a Catholic--I hardly leave the house without one let alone the country)


Cigar box. (to hold the 80 picks I bought for the music school. Why a ziplock bag won't suffice, I don't know. I just like cigar boxes)

Wow, I have a whole day left tomorrow, plus most of Friday so who knows what will wind up in the pile before I finally set foot out of the country?
Do you know what I would like to put in my bag though?

Maybe this puppy that I visited today. Sorry to anyone who keeps reading this because they think it is exclusively a travel blog, but how can you resist posting pictures of a creature with a face like this? Also, the current names of the hour are Liam or Leo. Thoughts? Suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment